There are many alternative ways to treat conditions and afflictions, including using aromatherapy with essential oils. Essential oils come in a vast variety of fragrances, and many are geared toward alleviating common ailments and providing relief for a multitude of symptoms. Invest in a decent oil warmer and experience the ways that aromatherapy can improve your life.
Some ways to access your own aromatherapy oils include:
Infuse oil with botanicals. Make your own essential oils by steeping flowers, spices, and herbs in olive or safflower oil. Keep in a tightly-closed container for at least 48-hours and strain. This will be a less-concentrated oil than those that are steeped with heat; keep the oil in dark-tinted bottles or containers to preserve.
Use a distilling process. Buy or make your own essential oil 'still.' This will steep the botanicals and spices to get a more concentrated oil and deeper fragrance. This process involves pressure-cooking, which always possesses risks, so be careful and take necessary precautions.
Slow-cook some oil. Another way to make your own essential oils is with your slow cooker or crock-pot. Add two cups of oil, such as olive oil, and a half-cup of your flowers, herbs, and spices to the crock; cook on low for six hours. Allow to cool and strain through cheesecloth. Keep in dark bottles for up to six months.
Order oil online. Perhaps the easiest of all methods is to order your oil online, already prepared for you. This also ensures a deep scented, fragrant oil for your therapeutic purposes. Look for organic oils in a wide range of scents, at competitive prices, from companies like Davina Wellness.
Some ways that you may want to use your essential oils include these suggestions:
- Feeling tired or lethargic? Fill your warmer with peppermint or eucalyptus oil for a quick pick-me-up.
- Got a headache? Lavender or chamomile oil can help make you feel better fast.
- To reduce anxiety, try warming rose scented oil or ylang-ylang oil in your aromatherapy device.
- For pain relief, add 10-20 drops of clove or peppermint oil to a warm bath. This can help with muscle pain, stiff joints, and stomach aches.
- Heat sandalwood or Bergamot oil in an aromatherapy warmer in the bedroom to prevent insomnia and help lull you to a restful sleep.
Essential oils are inexpensive and easy to make, so this is a viable treatment option on any budget. Invest in some of your favorite scents and try some of these suggestions to alleviate common issues, like headaches, with aromatherapy.